If you are a filmmaker (or an industry professional) on the cutting edge of your profession with ideas that would benefit the filmmaking community, you are welcome to submit an article to Filmmaking Stuff.
What We Seek
Your article should contain at least three useful tips that filmmakers can put to use in their next projects. And aside from being useful, your article should contain the following:
1. Original content – Google hates rehashed articles and so do we. Make sure whatever you submit is at least 80% different than anything you submitted elsewhere.
2. Make it simple – If you’re explaining technical stuff, make sure you don’t get too nerdy. Or if you do get nerdy, make sure you include some pictures or graphs to explain what you mean.
3. Own the copyright – One time someone actually stole our writing and republished it. If we suspect your article was stolen from somewhere else, we will investigate.
4. Avoid blatant sales pitches. Your article should be 95% informative. However, at the end of your article, you are welcome to have a bio and one call-to-action.
5. Know what you are talking about. For example, if you are a boom operator, please DO NOT submit an article on directing. It won’t be taken seriously.
What’s In It For You:
Writing a guest post will provide you with recognition and industry exposure. In addition to the site traffic, Filmmaking Stuff articles are shared frequently through social media… And the articles are often included in weekly or monthly digests that get emailed to over 20,000 subscribers.
Check out These Filmmaking Stuff Blog Posts:
- Why All Filmmakers Should Make Bad Films
- How to Make A Webseries
- Film Directing: The First Six Lessons
- How to Make A Short Film: 5 Tips for New Filmmakers
- 5 Huge Filmmaking Mistakes that Will Wreck Your Career
- 3 Easy and Cheap DIY Lighting Setups for Filmmakers
If you would benefit from getting exposure within the independent filmmaking community, reach out with your best article pitch. Please click here to contact.
8950 West Olympic Blvd #515
Beverly Hills, CA 90211