Filmmakingstuff.com, a website published by Brubaker Unlimited LLC (hereafter “Filmmaking Stuff”), respects the privacy of its website visitors.
In our commitment to process Personal Information in a lawful, fair, and transparent manner, we have put in place this policy to explain our data collection, use, storage, and retention as well as disclosure practices (“data processing”) in connection with the use of this website (hereafter the “Site”).
This policy also summarizes our data protection obligations under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation. As data controllers, we are responsible for processing personal data collected on the site. Please read this policy carefully because it applies to your personal data collected for the performance of the contract and for the provision of our products and filmmaking courses.
Personal Data We Process
- email addresses
- Telephone number
- Business address/billing address
- Information about the use of the site, including, among other things, pages viewed on the site, date and time of visit, time spent on the site, IP address, browser type and version, browser settings as well as the website that referred you to the site
We do not collect personal Information such as credit card information or Information about payment methods.
Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on your device when you visit a website. Cookies are generally harmless and do not collect personal Information or install anything on your device.
We use session cookies to identify and authenticate users.
These cookies help to remember login information and keep you logged into our platform. Accepting these cookies is required for using our website. Therefore, if you reject or block these cookies, we cannot guarantee that our website will work properly during your visit.
We use other cookies to track your visits to our site and other websites, including the links you have followed, which allows us to display targeted advertisements. Tracking cookies also help us to personalize ads and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns on the site.
Please note that you can prevent cookies from being placed on your device by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings.
How We Collect Information
We collect information through online pages on our website. Please note that you are not obligated to provide your Information. Providing this information helps us understand which services or products you have purchased, requested, or agreed upon.
If you choose not to provide any personal information, we may not be able to give your access to certain products or services.
We collect Information in the following ways:
- Information you provide to us: We collect Information if you contact us directly through email or contact forms on the site. We also collect Information when you express interest in trying our products or service, when you buy products or services on our website, when registering for webinars, courses, and conferences, or when downloading documents such as e-books and guides from our website, and when you subscribe to receive our newsletter by email.
- Information collected: using cookies and similar technologies. When you use the site, we collect certain information about site usage. This information may include your internet protocol address, the device used to access the site, browser type and version, language preferences, pages viewed on the site, and the website that linked you to the resource viewed on our website. This information is collected automatically using cookies and similar technologies, including Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics.
How We Use Information /Purpose of Processing
- In order to provide access to our products and services
- To be able to send relevant Information
- In order to contact you and offer our products and services or customer support.
- To improve our website and services.
- We also use this information to create member dashboards and checklists and personalize our services on the basis of the Information collected in order to offer you the most relevant products and provide you with good customer service.
Lawful Grounds for Processing of Personal Data
Under the EU GDPR, we, as data controllers, are required to have a lawful base (s) for processing personal data in relation to the purposes outlined above. We will be processing your personal data under the following lawful bases:
- Consent: We rely on your consent to process certain data so as to provide our products and services.
- Performance of contract: We will collect, use, retain, and/or transmit personal data which is necessary to perform a contract between Filmmaking Stuff and you or to fulfill a request made by you before entering into a contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation: We may collect, use and retain your personal data if we are compelled to do so to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, including for example, payment of sales tax and for accounting purposes or in response to a legal order or request by law enforcement or public authorities.
- Legitimate Interests: If there an appropriate business relationship between you and Filmmaking Stuff, we may use your data as a part of our legitimate interest including for example for marketing purposes, fraud prevention and ensuring website security.
Information obtained in connection with the use of our site and services is stored in our customer resource management and may be used for automated marketing. As a general policy, we do not store personal data that is no longer needed. We however retain data as long as it is necessary to handle the customer relationship between you and or to offer other bonuses or free services.
We have developed policies and procedures for deleting data related to users who are no longer active at our platform. In some cases, however, we may retain your data for longer terms as is necessary to comply with the law or any legal order. As a part of our data retention policy, we also delete data at the request of the data subject. Please read more about your rights in the sections below to learn more about erasure of personal data.
Disclosure of Information to third parties
We do not share your Information with third parties without your consent, but Filmmaking Stuff may use contractors to deliver all or part of the site. Such contractors may process personal data (data processors) on behalf of Filmmaking Stuff. In such cases, data can only be used for specified purposes and Filmmaking Stuff has entered into a data processing agreement with all parties that share Information to ensure appropriate level of data security. We may also disclose personal Information if we are required to do so by law, in response to law enforcement agencies’ request or court order and/or if required for exercising or defending our legal rights.
Third party analytics and Advertising
Google Analytics is web analytics tool developed by Google. Google Analytics may set and use tracking cookies to track how users use the site. The data collected by Google Analytics may include internet protocol address, page views and time spent on the site. This data is transmitted and stored in Google servers on our behalf. We act as data controller and Google is our data processor.
Google Analytics helps us to:
- Measure different web traffic streams to our site
- Evaluate how user interacts with our content or products and prepare analytical reports on website usage
We use analytics data to optimize the site and show targeted ads based on your visit. Please note that Google does not combine or associate these data categories to identify you as an individual. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting Information that is reasonably likely to identify you, we utilize IP anonymization feature of Google Analytics to anonymize user’s online identifiers. We also regularly erase analytic data that we longer need or in respect of which consent has been withdrawn. Google has also developed a Google Analytics opt-out add-on. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics, please download and install the add-on for your browser.
Our website uses Facebook Pixel to track how users engage with our ads. Tracking data collected by Facebook pixel may include name, gender, occupation, page views, type of device used to access the site, email signups, purchases made on the site as well as IP address and country. This data will be transmitted to and stored in Facebook servers. We use pixel tracking data to gain insight on how users engage with our ads, create profiles of potential customers (leads), track conversions, display ads relevant to your interests (remarketing) as well as to improve the quality of our ads.
Data Transfers outside of the EU
Filmmaking Stuff utilizes certain third party products or services that may be hosted or stored outside of EU. These services include Google Analytics, Stripe, PayPal, Clickbank and Zaxaa, which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the below purposes: email servers, marketing and web hosting purposes. Therefore, when you use our website, send us an email or subscribe to our newsletter, the personal Information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted outside of the European Union. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your Information and abide by strict data processing agreements and measures set out by Filmmaking Stuff to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
Children’s Online Privacy
Our website and services are directed for users who are above the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Information from users who are under the age of 13 and we ask minors not to submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor and would like to use our website or services, you must obtain consent or guidance of from your parents or guardians.
FILMMAKING STUFF continuously works with information security and to ensure good protection for our users’ data. We have implemented both technical and organizational measures to ensure security as much as possible through, among other things, encryption, anonymization, access controls and erasure routines. We also regularly use software applications to monitor web traffic to our website and identify attempts to compromise the site or personal data.
As a user of the website, you have the right to require transparency in the processing of your personal data. You may inquire as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed including the purposes of processing, the categories of data concerned, parties to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed as well as the envisaged period for which your personal data will be kept.
You also have the right to require from us corrections, restrictions or deletion of personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If you want to correct or delete certain personal data we hold about you, please contact our customer service or data protection officer.
When the processing personal data is based on consent, you can at any time withdraw consent.
If you believe that we have not fulfilled your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to appeal to the appropriate regulatory authority.
Brubaker Unlimited LLC
8950 West Olympic Blvd #515
Beverly Hills, CA 90211