If you’re a newbie to filmmaking, I’m going to give you the advice I learned early on. This has since become my work and success philosophy. And as you chart your film career, maybe this stuff is worth considering.
1. The person who fetches coffee today, will control the money tomorrow. So first, make sure the coffee is hot. Second, treat everyone well!
2. If the call time is 7AM, get there at 6:30AM.
3. If the work feels overwhelming, ask for more work. Busy people are rewarded.
4. Your word and your work is your reputation. Do not violate this rule. If you agree to do something, you do it. No excuses.
5. If you turn down freelance work, always say: “I’m already booked.” Don’t talk about vacations, etc.
If you liked this article, sign up for the official Filmmaking Stuff newsletter.
(Look on the right hand side of this site.)