If I knew then, what I know now, I would have started making horror comedies from day one. There are many reasons I say this. I’ll list five.
1. Horror comedy movies are fun to make.
2. With a good hook, buzz can go viral.
3. People will forgive you for a rough-around-the edge aesthetic.
4. Getting splattered with fake blood in July is refreshing.
5. If you have to, it’s possible to self distribute (with a strong marketing campaign) and get a solid return. I say this because horror comedy has a great market, full of hard-core fans and Saturday night enthusiasts always seeking a new spook (and laugh).
What are your thoughts?